Top Benefits of Getting Dental Veneers
April 1, 2023
What Are Dental Veneers?They are thin tooth-like shells fixed on the front surface of teeth. They disguise the appearance of teeth by concealing minor cosmetic flaws. They are fabricated from tooth-colored materials and customized to resemble nearby teeth. Therefore, they give your teeth a perfect and natural look. Veneers are versatile and can improve your smile in whichever way you desire. For instance, you can improve the appearance of a single flawed tooth with a veneer. Alternatively, you can dramatically transform your smile using several veneers. The dentist will expertly place veneers on your front teeth to achieve a perfect smile.
What Are the Types of Veneers?There are various types of dental veneers in New York, NY. The dentist will evaluate the appearance of your teeth and consider your smile goals before recommending an ideal type. They may recommend either type of veneer below.
- Composite Veneers
How Is Dental Veneer Treatment Done?The dental veneer procedure varies depending on the type and number of veneers used. However, the process follows almost similar steps. Below are general steps you can expect during veneer placement.
- The dentist will evaluate your teeth to determine if veneers are ideal for you. They will also check for issues like gum disease and decay, which require treatment first.
- They will enlighten you on the different veneer types and help you choose a suitable one. In addition, the dentist will select a shade that will enhance your smile.
- They will prepare your teeth by removing some enamel from the front surface and sides. However, this is unnecessary when getting lumineers or temporary veneers.
- The dentist will take an impression or 3D images of the tooth and send it to the lab for veneer fabrication. The procedure takes less than an hour if the dentist uses the CEREC method. However, you may wait a week during a traditional veneer process. This will necessitate the placement of temporary veneers to protect the tooth in the meantime.
- The dentist will clean your teeth and place custom-made shells on them. They will ensure the veneers fit properly and appear natural and attractive.
Significant Benefits of Getting Dental VeneersBelow are reasons you should consider getting veneers at Glen J. Graffeo, D.D.S.
- It takes one procedure to achieve the smile of your dreams since veneers correct several flaws simultaneously. They can restore discolored, crooked, misaligned, gapped, worn, misshapen, or chipped teeth.
- Modern veneers are conservative and do not damage the tooth enamel. Therefore, you can remove them in the future when necessary.
- Veneers can cover dental stains giving your teeth a whiter look. Porcelain veneers provide a long-lasting white smile since they are stain resistant.
- Porcelain veneers are durable and do not wear down easily. So, they can last up to a decade with proper care from you and your dentist.
- The dentist in New York customizes veneers giving them a natural look. No one will tell if you had a cosmetic dental procedure.
- Veneers can correct crooked or misaligned teeth faster than orthodontics. The dentist will expertly place them on the teeth to achieve a straight smile within a short time.
- They do not require special maintenance after placement. Brushing and flossing, as usual, will suffice.