Tooth Extractions in New York, NY
Extractions in New York, NY
Do you feel a twinge of discomfort or pain when biting down on food? Persistent, throbbing, or sharp tooth pain often indicates a damaged or decayed tooth. Our highly trained dentist near you will evaluate the tooth and decide between a root canal and an extraction.
If the tooth is beyond repair or has been extensively damaged, Dr. Graffeo will need to extract the tooth.
Why Are Extractions at Glen J. Graffeo DDS Necessary?
Although our skilled dentist tries hard to save the natural teeth as far as possible, an extraction may be unavoidable at times. You may need extractions in New York, NY due to:
- Fractures that have spread to the tooth roots
- Untreated decay that has infected the nerves and blood vessels in the tooth pulp chamber
- Overcrowded dentition that may come in the way of orthodontic treatment (extra teeth may need to be extracted to make room for the teeth to shift into their new positions)
- Impacted primary or permanent teeth that may be preventing other teeth from erupting normally
- A severely infected or impacted wisdom tooth that may be leaning at an awkward angle
Symptoms That May Indicate the Need for Tooth Removal
The patient may require extraction if:
- There are swollen gums around a tooth
- Dull, intermittent, or severe toothache
- There is swelling in the cheeks
- The jaws feel stiff
Our experienced dentist in New York, NY treats problems at the earliest to prevent future complications. Reliable dental extractions near you can provide instant pain relief.
Extraction Is a Pain-Free Procedure
At our practice at Glen J. Graffeo DDS, we use effective sedation methods to keep you relaxed throughout the procedure. After applying a little numbing gel to desensitize the site, the dentist gently injects sedation medication into the gum tissue. Once the extraction site is numb, our reliable dentist name will start the extraction procedure.
If the tooth is visible above the gums, it requires a simple extraction. However, if the tooth is impacted, we may need to perform a surgical extraction or break it into pieces before pulling it out.